The available membership categories in the institute are:
1. Honourary Fellow (HFIHCM): This may be conferred on both non-members and exiting members. It is recognition of the outstanding contributions to socio-economic development a nation both locally or internationally.
2. Corporate Fellow (CFIHCM): This award category is bestowed on corporate organization that has made substantial Contributions to the Economic Development.
3. Fellow (FIHCM) : To be admitted Fellow, individual must possess the requisite qualification with work experience of not less than 15 years in both the formal and informal sectors and must also have attained the level of Assistant Director or its equivalent.
4. Full Membership (MIHCM): Similar qualifications as with fellow but with work experience not less than 10 years and must have attained the level not bellow Assistant Manager or its equivalent.
5. Associate Member (AMIHCM): Same as full membership but with 7 years and above work experience and must have attained level 8, 10 (or) its equivalent in both the public and private sectors.
6. Graduate /NYSC Membership: This award is meant for fresh graduates from recognized institutions of higher learning or those who are current NYSC members.
Intending member (s) may download membership form Download Form and must individually complete Membership Application Form (MF) and return same with 2 (Passport) photographs and CV. This may be done online Apply Online Application Forms can also be obtained at the following adresses in Abuja.
MAIN OFFICE: EYN GUEST HOUSE NEAR CBN QUARTERS UTKO DISTRICT, ABUJA-FCT
BRANCH OFFICE: PLOT 30/31 UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA ROAD, PHASE 2, GWAGWALADA, ABUJA-FCT
LEARNING CENTER: PIONEER ACADEMY, UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA ROAD, PHASE 1, GWAGWALADA, ABUJA-FCT
Phone: +234 - 805 - 5247 - 905, +234 - 803 - 4714 - 211
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
• HCE 001 - Communication Skills for Managers
• HCE 002 - Principles of Accounting
• HCE 003 - Entrepreneurship
• HCE 004 - Principles of Economics
• HCE 005 - Corporate Law
• HCE 006 – Human Resource Management
• HCE 007 – Public Administration
• HCE 101 - Management Principles and Techniques
• HCE 102 - Marketing Management
• HCE 103 - Financial Management
• HCE 104 - Business Ethics and HCMSD Act
• HCE 105 - Leadership Develope
• HCE 106 – Administrative Behaviour
• HCE 106 - Management Principles and Techniques
• HCE 107 - Communication Skills for Managers
• HCE 108 - Entrepreneurship
• HCE 109 - Corporate Law
• HCE 110 - Marketing Management
• HCE 111 - Financial Management
• HCE 112 – Public Administration
• HCE 112 - Business Ethics and HCMSD Act
• HCE 113 - Leadership Development
• HCE 114- Human Resource Management
• HCE 115- Organizational Behaviour
• HCE 116- Business Strategy and Corporate Governance
• HCE 201 - Leadership Development
• HCE 202 - Public Relations
• HCE 203 – Advanced Human Resource Management
• HCE 204 - Managerial Finance
• HCE 204 - Managerial Finance
• HCE 205 - Operations Management
• HCE 206 - Health, Safety and Environmental Management
• HCE 207 - Management Information System
• HCE 208 - Marketing Management
• HCE 209 - Business Ethics and HCMSD Act
• HCE 210 – Advanced Public Administration
• HCE 211 – Organizational Behaviour
• HCE 212 - Security and Intelligence Study
• HCE 213 – Business Strategies and Corporate Governance
• HCE 301 - Management Case Analysis
• HCE 302 - Business Policy and Corporate Governance
• HCE 303 - Comparative Management
• HCE 304 – Advanced Human Resource Management
• HCE 305 - Managerial Finance
• HCE 306 - Organizational Behaviour
• HCE 307 – Advanced Public Administration
• HCE 308 – Security and Intelligence Study
• HCE 309 - Business Ethics and HCMSD Act
The candidates who passed the Human Resource Management and Skill Development Examination (HRMSDE) and have not been inducted should please make their payment in designated Bank Accounts for the next induction programme coming up.
Eligibility for membership of the human Capital Management and Skill Development is open to all those who meet the minimum qualifications approved by Council. These minimum qualifications are as follows:
- First university degree OR its equivalents
All persons wishing to register for the Human Capital Professional Management Examinations are required to obtain and complete the Membership Application form. The form is obtainable from the Institute's offices in Abuja Head Office.
All payments must be made into the designated accounts of the Institute.
(d) Entry for the Examination
Candidates for the human Capital Management and Skill Development Examination must be dully registered.
(e) Preparation for the Examinations
The Institute has accredited a number of tuition centres in major cities of the country. Candidates are encouraged to take advantage of these preparation centres. All required materials such as; textbooks and study packs may also be made available at a fee which is fixed by Council from time to time.
(f) Examination Centres
Examination centres are currently located in Abuja, Head Office.
(g) Deferment of Participation in an Examination
Withdrawal from any examination will not be allowed except on medical grounds. Applications for withdrawal should be supported with a medical report and the notice should reach the Institute not later than four weeks before the examination date. In such a situation, examination fees already paid will be carried forward less administrative charges.
(h) Cancellation of Previous Examination
Any student who fails to sit for the next stage of the examination three years after he/she might have passed the previous stage would be deemed to have voluntarily withdrawn from the programme. If he/she wishes to continue with the programme, he/she will have to re- register.
(i) Conduct of the Examinations
(i) The envelopes containing examination question papers will be opened in the presence of all candidates at the time and venue of the examination.
(ii) Candidates are forbidden to bring books, papers of any kind, GSM handsets, etc into the examination hall.
(iii) Candidates without authenticated examination notices will not be allowed into the examination hall.
(j) Announcement of Results
Successful candidates will be informed individually of their results by email, post and through the Institute's website. A list of successful candidates will also be posted on the notice board at the Institute's Head Office in Abuja.
(k) Re-sit Requirements
Students will be credited with the subjects passed at each Stage of the examination, provided at least two of the papers are passed at a sitting. The student must sit for the remaining papers within two years.
(l) Withdrawal of Registration
The Institute shall withdraw the registration of any member if:
(i) He resigns by giving a written notice to the Institute
(ii) He is imprisoned for any criminal offence
(iv) He neglects for 24 months from the due date, payment of his annual subscription as a Professional Member.
(m) Refund of Fees
Once an entry application has been submitted to HCMSD, there will be no refund of fees.
In all correspondence with the Institute, candidates are required to quote their registration numbers.
(o) Exemption Guidelines
This will be determined by the candidate's field of study, year of graduation and position in present occupation etc.
Disciplinary action as prescribed by Council will be taken against any candidate found guilty of examination malpractice, e.g.
- bringing books or papers into the examination hall
- aiding/abetting any form of cheating
- refusing to obey instruction from invigilators
Such disciplinary actions may include:
(i) Cancellation of results
(ii) Suspension from the Institute's next two examinations
(iii) De-registration of affected candidates and reporting the candidates to their employers.
(q) Induction Ceremony and Award of Certificate
At the completion of final examinations, the names of successful candidates will be forwarded to the Directorate of Membership Services from where letters of election will be sent to the candidates indicating the grade of membership, membership number, membership fees payable and the date and venue of the induction ceremony where certificates will be awarded.